- My aim with English Country Dancing is to provide an activity which is above reproach.
Because of this there are certain standards we ask to be met. We find that these things help everyone respect one another more, and make for a time of edifying recreation.
- All things should be done decently and in good order.
- Alcohol and dancing are not the greatest mix - The best drinks for thirsty dancers are water and punch.
- Unless a couple are married, engaged or otherwise closely related, they should be prepared to dance with everyone else in the room! ~ Young men and women should treat each other purely as brother and sister.
- Dress: some folk enjoy historical costumes and that's great, but here are our modesty guidelines:
- Men: tidy pants (rather than shorts) and shirt buttoned up and tucked in.
- Women: skirts/dresses knee length or longer. Respectful necklines - (No bare backs or clevage showing.)